Enter to win a free Lucy Maud Montgomery collection!
Thanks to Timeless Reads, subscribers can enter for a chance to win the ultimate Kindle collection of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s stories this week at MiddleSisterReviews.com!
The publisher is the father of four girls who love the Anne of Green Gables stories, so he created a well-formatted, easy-to-use collection that combines all of the stories in the public domain in a single collection — and the collection is available to readers everywhere. ($1.99/USD at Amazon.com.)
Somehow, I’d never read either Anne of Green Gables nor any of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s timeless stories. I picked up this collection a few years ago, yet it was languishing in my TBR folders until a few weeks ago, when one of my reading friends remarked on her love for these stories. I’m rapidly making up for lost time, squeezing in one story in between other reads, and regretting that I waited so long to get to know Anne, and Montgomery.
All of these stories are available in free public domain editions which were scanned by volunteers but which were not formatted specifically for e-readers, much less for Kindles. These can be hard to read. This collection from Timeless Reads, though, is properly formatted, with all the features that involves, from active tables of content to “go to” links. It also offers links to free audio versions of the stories, and it combines all of the LMM public-domain writings in one set. I like this collection simply because it is easy to read and makes it easy to organize the books in my e-library.
The winner of the free collection will be chosen randomly, by methods that may involve the caprice of a cat or the whims of another four-legged creature. To enter, you must subscribe* or be subscribed* to MiddleSisterReviews.com and leave a comment on this post. Share, and boost your odds of winning by receiving an extra entry for each new subscriber you refer to the site. Simply email your friend, and email Sis at Sis@MiddleSisterReviews.com with the address or name of your friend(s) so Sis will know who to credit.
*Subscriptions are free. Subscribers may cancel anytime. Sis will not share your email (unless you win) with anyone, ever! The winner will receive an email from Timeless Reads with instructions on how to claim the collection.
From Timeless Reads:
This exciting collection has these great features
- The complete text of eight great books featuring Anne “with an e” Shirley
- Three additional novels from Lucy Maud Montgomery
- One complete book of poetry by Montgomery, “The Watchman and Other Poems”
- 142 wonderful short stories written by Montgomery
- Links to download the unabridged audiobooks of all 11 novels for FREE!
- The ability to easily jump to any book using the Kindle “go to” feature
- An individual, active table of contents for each book so you can go to any chapter
- Clean formatting, giving you full control over fonts and font sizes
- Did I mention an unbeatable price?
All titles in this Anne of Green Gables collection, along with their publication date, are listed below.
- Anne of Green Gables (1908)
- Anne of Avonlea (1909)
- Anne of the Island (1915)
- Anne’s House of Dreams (1917)
- Rainbow Valley (1919)
- Rilla of Ingleside (1921)
- Chronicles of Avonlea (1912)
- Further Chronicles of Avonlea (1920)
- The Story Girl (1911)
- The Golden Road (Sequel to The Story Girl, 1913)
- Kilmeny of the Orchard (1910)
- The Watchman and Other Poems (1916)
- The Short Story Collection (1896-1922)
Unfortunately, there are two books in the Anne of Green Gables series which were published later and can’t yet be included in this Kindle collection because of copyright restrictions. These are Anne of Windy Poplars (1936) and Anne of Ingleside (1939).
Thanks for checking out my Anne Stories collection. I hope you and your family enjoy these books as much as we have!
Note from Sis: I think this collection offers so much for so little! I deleted the free public domain editions because this is easier to read, easier to use, and easier to catelogue in my collections. I’m grateful to Timeless Reads for helping me promote my site by offering this giveaway. If you don’t win, I hope you will consider adding this to your collection anyway.
See other offerings from Timeless Reads: